Monday, September 19, 2011

Pslam 53


Saturday afternoon I tangibly experienced  Psalm 53:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.”  My friends Nicki, Eric, and some boys from a local township called Ocean View summited Chapman’s Peak - I am still awestruck by our creator.  After experiencing the things I had, I can only ask how can there NOT be a God?



The trek started on the beach, and finished by diving into the bone chilling Atlantic. Just before we left I happened to read the trail guide: If bitten by a Cape Cobra or Puffader – seek immediate transport to the hospital.   So unfortunately I was a little distracted of God’s creation at the beginning. I was a little more focused on looking for movement among every bush I passed, but that fear thankfully faded J


The entire hike we could see the Atlantic Ocean.  It's beautiful right now because it is starting to get an amazing turquois color near the beach.  Once we were on the summit we were able to also see the Indian Ocean, the All Nations area, Masiphumelele and Cape Point which is the furthest southern point in Africa!  The 360 degree on top was amazing among the coolest things I have experienced, I have to say my favorite part of the hike was from just below the summit seeing a whale breach multiple times!  As you could see the enormous splash instantly it took nearly five seconds but we could hear the splash all the way near the summit.  More pics and a video will be posted soon on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment