Thursday, September 29, 2011

Treasure

On Tuesdays we are able to have a kids club in Lucy's home!  We have all of the kids in our Vulnerable Children program meeting on Fridays, but our goal is to empower Kids also to lead there own! Our normal start to kids club is singing songs in Xhosa and a song or two in English.  After the songs usually we prepare a brief lesson and something simple for the kids to tangibly apply to their life!  This week we decided to take Lucy and Luvuyo to a movie because they help us with the Tuesday Kids Club! Unfortunately the Theater closes Friday so no more movies for under $2.


Even with the theater closing down, the kids still know how to have fun after Kids Club!  Check out one of the MANY dances and songs the children know.



This happened on the beach where we baptized Okuhkle - just a few miles from where I live! 

Power went down in ALL of Cape Town for nearly two hours yesterday.


Tangible Takeaway - Although my comfort level is being stretched daily, I miss my family and friends, I don't have the convenience to watch the Hawks games or Sportscenter daily like I would at home - I am truly full of peace and Africa feels like home. I think being in the most beautiful place in the world helps a little :), but I believe there is no worldly explanation a place so far from home could truly feel like home. The only explanation I have found for this peace is Luke 12:34 For where your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will be also.  God has given me new desires and strength daily, allowing me focus on THIS season of life and nothing else.


What is your treasure and where is it found?

No comments:

Post a Comment