Thursday, April 26, 2012

Highlights of Masi

Its hard for me to believe my time in Cape Town has come to an end, yet I am comforted that God's time hasn't!  Thankfully the Holy Spirit was preparing hearts before I ever dreamt of going to Africa.  I had the opportunity to step into countless hours of prayer before I arrived, and hours of prayer while I was there.  Today I proudly join the Apostle Paul and boast in what the Lord has done and allowed me to take part in!


- Friday April 13th, Matt, Dan Greeno, Dan Shannon, and I were able to take communion with Papi and Sydwell. This day marked their first time ever hearing about what communion is, let alone experiencing it.

- In March a few of the gangsters robbed the Rastas who lived next to us in Masi. Papi felt it wasn't right so it tracked them down and told them to give it back!

- The day before I left Cape Town I was told by a good friend who worked with me in Masi that Papi was discipling a 13 year drug dealer. Clearly Papi still has his struggles (just like me), but he is seeking Jesus more each day! I believe this is what Jesus had in mind when he said make disciples and what Paul meant when he wrote 2 Timothy 2:2.

- The morning I flew out of Cape Town I woke up to a text message from Sydwell. He said "Morning mr jay i like to say you must go well i hope jesus follows you brother god bless you i will be thinking of you thankx" 

The harvest is plentiful. How can you live the Kingdom of God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment