Friday, February 10, 2012

A Few JQuick Hits

For those who didn't know, I was able to spend some time with my Dad, Mom, and Sister in Africa!  I'm still on a high from having my family visit me in Africa :)  Having them meet those I get to experience life with here and see what I do was such a blessing for me.  We had a wonderful time in Africa together, but unfortunately it went too quickly.  





Last week God provided a new partnership between us and the surf shop!  They have agreed to run a six week course with the corner boys -  teaching them all about the ocean.  Last Friday we took the  boys to their first day of the course about ocean safety.  We tried gathering the boys at 9 am, but that didn't work too well since they were all sleeping still... So we adjusted our plan and had our bible study on the way in the car!  Today the boys went to Kalk Bay to learn all about about shark safety.  The following Fridays will include swimming, surfing and snorkeling all thanks to the Surf Shack! This surf partnership has provided a perfect opportunity to speak truth into their lives while getting out of Masi and having fun!



Monday marked our first day of CPx (Church Planting eXperience.)  This week has been an awesome week adjusting to community living. I went from having my own room to sharing with 5 other guys who represent 4 different countries!  Our CPx is made up of 37 students representing 14 different countries.  As we explore God's heart on Church and discipleship together, we are also learning how to live and model  biblical community.

Late night ice ream at Mcdonalds 
 


The Gospel is only good news if it gets their in time - Carl F. H. Henry





No comments:

Post a Comment